Keystone Special Development Zone Tax Credit Program
The KSDZ program was established to foster redevelopment and encourage for-profit business to locate and operate in designated zones that are considered Brown Fields. Sites must be approved through the Department of Environmental Protection. The designation allows credits to be earned for up to a 15 year period from July 1, 2012-June 30, 2026.
- Site has been certified by DEP.
- Site had no permanent vertical structures as of July 1, 2011, or the structure has been deteriorated/abandoned for at least 20 years.
- Business is located and operates within the KSDZ
- Employees are eligible if employed after July 1, 2011, work at least 35 hours/week and spend at least 90% of their time working at the KSDZ location.
Amount of Credit:
- Receive Tax Credits of $2,100 for each Full Time Equivalent Employee added after January 1, 2012. Credits may be received for up to 10 years of the 15 year period.
- Credits must be used first by the employer and then may be sold.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Check back for updates!